The first step when setting up the app, is to create your Statuses.
Statuses are the different steps or phases that you want to track for the order. Statuses also allow you to send emails and SMS messages to your customer so make sure you create a status for each step in the process where you would like to notify the customer of your progress.
- In Design
Creating a new Status
- Open the Statuses page
- Select New Status
- Enter values for each of the fields in the dialog
- Display Order: controls the order the Statuses are displayed in
- Tag: The internal name that you will see when working in the admin
- Name: the public name your customers will see
- Tag Color: the background color of the status tag that is displayed in the admin
- Font Color: the font color of the status tag that is displayed in the admin
- Sends Notifications to Customer: Check if you want this status to notify the customer when it has been set on an order
- Additional Emails: enter a comma separated list of email addresses that you would like to receive the notification in addition to the customer. These are typically internal company addresses.
- Press Save
See Working with Statuses for more information on managing your statuses.