You may want to give the customer a placeholder or some example text within your textboxes. These can be used to give a bit more info about the field, or even to show what format the data should be entered.
Follow the steps below to find out how to add placeholders to your textboxes.
Step 1: Edit your Field Group
- Log into your Shopify store, and click on Apps on the left hand side.
- Then click on the Custom Product Options by W3 application.
- Once inside our app, click on the Field groups page at the top of the app.
- Once you are on the field group page, click on the small blue arrow next to the field group you would like to edit.
- In the small dropdown that appears, click on "Form Editor".
Step 2: Enter the Field Settings
- Now that you are inside of the Field group, click on the Textbox field that you would like to add a Placeholder to.
- Then click on the small blue wheel should have appeared at the top right of the field.
- In the dropdown that appears, please click on "Settings".
Step 3: Enter your Placeholder
- You should now see a popup window that is titled, "Field Settings".
- Enter your desired text within the very last textbox in this window that is titled, "Placeholder".
- Be sure to click save within the window, and then Save Form at the top-right of the Form Editor page.
And Voila! you will now have a placeholder with the desired text on your textbox! You can apply Placeholder text to Textboxes, Multi Textboxes, and Number Textboxes.
Please feel free to reach out to us at Support@w3trends.com if you have any questions, or need any assistance what-so-ever!