In some cases, you may need to make certain fields required, meaning the customer cannot add the item to the cart until they fill in or select an option within these fields.
The brief tutorial below will show you how to set a field option to required within just a few simple steps.
Step 1: Navigate to the app
- First, sign into your Shopify Admin.
- Then, navigate to our app by clicking on the "Apps" link in the left hand sidebar of your Shopify Admin.
- Then, Locate and click on "Custom Product Options by W3".
Step 2: Edit Your Field Group
- Once within the app, click on the "Field Groups" button in the top nav.
- From this page, you should click on the blue arrow next to the field group that contains the fields that you would like to make required, and select "Form Editor".
- You should now see all of the fields that you created previously listed out on the page.
- Click on the field you would like to edit and it should highlight. Once highlighted, click on the small blue gear that appears at the top right.
- Within the small menu that pops up, simply click, "Required".
Step 3: Save!
- You should now be set! Just save your form, and your customers will not be able to submit the product to the cart without making a selection or filling out the field!
Please feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions/concerns!